Monday, January 11, 2021

FLOODS



 FLOODS

I posted this on another forum and when led to read it this morning, I felt compelled to post it again... The relevance being obvious. I felt the need to change the title as it fits the current atmosphere all round.

I am often first a message before I relay a message.  Father allows certain things in my life so that I may know His heart in that particular circumstance, but also to be able to know what His children are experiencing in the same.  The past few weeks I have been going through a very difficult time with my daughter.  Although wonderfully saved by our Father, she still has to fight fear daily on a level that few people understand.  I can only liken it to someone that is in constant warfare 24 hours a day.  But of late something new has reared its ugly head.  Words.  A flood of them.  She will speak to me about her concerns and when she does, it comes out of her mouth with such force.  No commas, no semi-colons, no periods.  In grammar we call that run-on sentences.  They run like a flood and they just don’t stop.  The only problem is that her flood of words come with such an overwhelming sense of fear because of the anxiety disorder she battels, that the very atmosphere becomes toxic.  I feel as if I am standing before a firing squad and thousands of arrows hit me at once.  No gap for me to intervene, no pause so that I may console.  Just an endless flood of anxiety.  It would have been bearable should this have been every now and then.  But no such chance with me.  This is a few times a day…at least five times that I have to stand before this flood of words.  Father has given me His peace.  And in this place of peace in my heart I am so secure.  But it is as if He has purposely removed the hedge around me so that in this still sea of peace in my heart, her words may come like a thousand stones at once and cause such disturbing ripples.  I have been feeling overwhelmed to say the least.  Please do not feel sorry for me.  Can you believe that He would let me go through this for you?  That my pain and suffering, just like His, has purpose for His Body?  Never doubt that pain has purpose.  You might not see it at this very moment, but our God, just like the enemy, does not waste pain.  He turns all things to good for those who love Him and are called by His Name.

Why am I telling you all this?  Well, He reminded me this morning of the woman that flees into the wilderness after giving birth to the man child.   In fear she is driven into the wilderness after complete chaos and the devil persecutes her.   He runs after her.  How?  The word says the following:

Revelation 12:15

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

The meaning of woman here is bride or wife in the Strong’s Concordance.  Father could have illustrated this by so many different ways.  He could have said that the serpent persecuted her with his mighty army or locusts.  Or he persecuted her with great wrath and breathed fire or something like that.  Who would choose opening his mouth and water and flood?  Well, our Father knows, being the Alpha and Omega.  In the Word, flood is often synonymous with a sea of people.  But the fact that it came out of the father of lies’ mouth, is showing us that the enemy persecutes the woman with a flood of words by man.  These words are words that will come from this world and how they have been deceived by the enemy to believe all his lies.  They will be used by him to persecute her in the wilderness.  Even so, now, presently His bride is being persecuted by a flood of words from this world, by the enemy.  His mouth is wide open and he is screaming as loud as he can.  And let’s face it, it is overwhelming.  Because he is screaming threats.  He is making his plans known and he is making it clear that he is coming after us. 

But I want to bring your attention today to Revelation 12:14.

 Revelation 12:14 

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

The meaning of eagle in the Strong’s Concordance is breath and air.  She receives two wings that she may fly as an eagle into her place.  Not just any place, but a place prepared for her.  For one reason.  That she may be nourished.  That she may be taken care of and be renewed as we read in Isaiah 40.

Isaiah 40:31 

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

It says that she may be nourished and cared for from the face of the serpent.  This face in the Strong’s Concordance means to gaze upon.  To look at.  That she may in this place, prepared for her in the wilderness (not away from the wilderness), be away from the face of the serpent.  That she may not look at him and be overwhelmed as he spews his bile of threats and fear.

I am quite aware that what I am saying may not necessarily be new revelation.  However, what is new is the vehemence and wave of words of persecution that is presently flooding this world.  This is going to increase. The enemy has one aim and that is to wear out the saints.  To bring them to exhaustion in their flight and to kill and destroy.  It says in Revelation 12 that the enemy sends this flood that she may be carried away by this flood.  This carried away means to be clothed with a burden.  But our God has prepared a place for you.  Not just any place.  Just like the woman fleeing into the wilderness flees to her place, Father has prepared your place.  Your place where He will raise you up by His Spirit away from the face of the serpent. This is our only save place.  Not more information, not more exposure, not more knowledge of how the enemy is working now.  Do not get me wrong, there is a season and a time for all things under the sun. However, in this very time, a cool-head goes a long way.  The aim in fear, and trust me, having a daughter suffer from anxiety disorder for 15 years, I know what fear can do firsthand on a daily basis, is to paralyze.  It escalates. It weakens, it becomes toxic to your thinking like a poison slowly filling your peaceful mind.  But God has given us not a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind.  We can confess this all day long, but the proof is in the pudding.  Is your mind sound?  Are you in that place of the eye of the storm?  Are your eyes on the face of the serpent or are you hidden where He can feed you and nourish you for the time to come.  I believe the reason why Father allowed me to go through the experience of fear in my life with my daughter, is because this world will soon be enveloped in a dark depressing blanket of fear.  The world will be clothed with a burden of fear that will be unbearable, just as the enemy planned.  The spirit of this age is the spirit of Jezebel that rules by fear.  There is purpose in my pain, and how I deal with it, whether I go to that place He has prepared for me, and be nourished now there by Him, will determine how I deal with it when I come out from that wilderness.  Will I be leaning on my Beloved? 

I have such urgency in my heart to draw ever closer to that place like Elijah to be fed by the ravens. 

1 Kings 17: 2 - 6

2 And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying,

3 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

4 And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.

5 So he went and did according unto the word of the Lord: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

6 And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.

There Elijah was fed by the ravens bread and flesh and he could drink of the brook.  This was a place prepared for Elijah where he would after a while receive his instructions from the Lord to go and tell Ahab of the coming drought.  Our Lord said that Elijah will come first.  We know this to be John the Baptist as well, the one who found himself living in the wilderness from honey and locusts.  He sends his Elijah company to the wilderness to be fed and nourished by Him so that they may receive strength and instruction for the time to come.  To come away from the face of the serpent and be fed by Him.  Jesus said that whosoever does not eat my flesh and drink My blood does not have life.  We must know that, in this place prepared for us, we are to feast on Him.   He has prepared a table today for you in the presence of your enemy.  We are to come into this place He has prepared for us by the renting of the veil, His flesh, and abide in the Holy of Holies.  In that still place.  The tent of the tabernacle made by Moses was right in the middle of a wilderness.  In your wilderness, your Father has prepared a place where you can be fed.  Where you can receive instruction. 

I believe Father’s dealings with me through my daughter is to say to you that the flood will increase.  Many people have seen tsunami dreams, but today for me it resembles the flood of words over this whole earth.  We have seen the destruction of tsunamis and how everything is carried away with it…just like Revelation 12 says the enemy desires to do.  It will become overwhelming, unless you run to that place where He will strengthen you.  This is not a suggestion. But a clear instruction from Him as He said to Elijah, and now say to us…

3 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith that is before Jordan.

One of the meanings of Cherith is to make covenant.  The essence of covenant is to become one.  Your enemies will be mine, and My enemies will be yours.  It is an exchanged life.  The Jordan is synonymous with death.  Saying, Come drink of the brook of My death so that you may have life.  From out of My side flows this river of water and blood, so that you may have life.  Drink so that you may be fed by My words.  Where I will speak to you, not as the enemy in a flood, but in a still small voice.

 1 Kings 19:11-13 

11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

13 And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

It is only in this place that you will hear His voice.  Where the enemy screams, our Father whispers.  But, it is in that hidden place, in the wilderness.  A place He has prepared for you.  Will you come? Even today?

In Revelation 12 we read that the earth opened up her mouth and swallowed up the flood.  This we know as to be a mighty earthquake.  And the flood will be those sent out to persecute his remnant bride.  But God, our Deliverer, will deliver us from this flood too.  Read the following scripture in light of what I wrote here. 

Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

This is our comfort and our hope.  This is our assurance and peace.  But all things worketh by faith.  This faith to hope and trust can only be found when you are fed by Him in the wilderness.  There to receive His strength away from the face of the serpent. 

Come and hide yourself for a little while and gaze upon His face, face to face.


PLEASE READ:


 Song of Solomon 8:5a 

Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved?


 Hosea 2:14-23 

14 Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.

15 And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.

16 And it shall be at that day, saith the Lord, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.



No comments:

Post a Comment