Thursday, December 31, 2020

BECOMING A LITTLE CHILD


BECOMING A LITTLE CHILD


I was worshipping when all of a sudden I saw myself sitting on an eagle's back.  I was so small in comparison to the eagle.  We were flying over mountain tops and then over the sea.  I lifted up my hands just feeling so free!  I literally felt the air blowing on me.  The Holy Spirit reminded me of Isaiah 40:31 where it says that those who wait upon the Lord will mount up with eagle's wings.  

We came to sit right in a cleft of a rock high above everything.  I just sat next to Him in quietness and after a moment or two He said,

"Rest here My child in the cleft of the Rock.  Let me see your face and hear your voice here in the cleft of the Rock.  From here you can see all things in perspecitive, but below you loose sight of the whole picture.  Here everything is clear and you can hear My still small voice speaking to you.  But down there you are overwhelmed.  Up here you rest.  

You can come here any time and live from here to think and meditate on the things above.  Whatsoever is pure, whatsoever is true, whatsoever is holy.  You are no longer from below, but from above.  Do not worry about what people will say.  Leave your anxious thoughts below.  Does it matter what they think when they are below?  This year I said 20/20 vision, and I have brought you here so that you may see.  But we can still go higher.  When you are overwhelmed, I will set you high upon a Rock and will give you eagles wings to fly."

After this I saw myself in a familiar place.  We have sat with our feet in this river before.  I was sitting with my feet in the river.  The next moment I was walking in the river, but as a little child.  I remembered a painting I did years ago of a little girl holding her father's hand and walking in a river as the water sparkled like little diamonds in the sun.  At just that moment I could hear a child playing outside our house.  This made me think of how carefree children are.  Their imaginations not hindered by tomorrow or yesterday.  All that matters is that moment.   So free.  

Father reminded me of the scripture that says that with every temptation He will make a way of escape (1 Corinthians 10:13)  and I just realized that these moments, like the one on the Rock and here in the River, are that escape.  I looked the word escape up in this context and it means to be taken away from a place.  He has made a way for us to escape the harshness of this world.  When life becomes unbearable.  A child just trusts, perfect faith.  Great faith.  The unconditional faith of a child that just simply takes Him at His word.  The next song on my phone at that moment was called "Rest".  Starting with the word, "If you want to see the Kingdom, become like a little child and rest."  The one after that starts with "Become like a little child with you Abba".  Two different songs, saying exactly the same thing.  

A child's imagination is free. But we have sought to control it by indoctrination, tradition and opinion.  So scared of imagination and of deception that we have muzzled something so beautiful and pure.  Without guile, just allowing the heart to soar.  So that when others soar, we want to clip their wings, because we remain grounded and limited by our fears and caution.  Imagination has no limits.  Not that we are to throw caution to the wind and go against truth.  Becoming a child asks of us to imagine, to see with spiritual eyes of faith the things that are above.  Living by the Spirit and guided by the Spirit.  Not just by what we learn in revelation in the knowledge of the written Word, but that which is of the Spirit.  We set boundatires and call it discernment.  Although so needed, we unfortunately throw the baby and the bathwater out when it becomes too childlike.  To flippant or shallow for our liking.  Like zealours Pharisees we see these things beneath us.  All the while He answers His disciples with whom are the most important in the Kingdom of God with...children.

I realize there is a very fine line between what is made up and what is real.  What a conundrum we find ourselves in being told we are seated in heavenly places, but we insist on being grounded.  And in the process becoming like a child is seen as being reckless and foolish.  And yet, He uses the foolish to confound the wise.  For everything there is a season and a time.  The Spirit who is eternal is not restricted to time.  He lives in us and is outside of time and space.  Makes me think of Jesus saying that there were many things He wanted to tell His disciples but they were just not ready for it.  Strange that something like imagination can send the "wise" on a tangent?

He came to set the captives free and those whom He has set free are free indeed.  Dare we to dream, imagine and believe like little children that when He says that He is able to do super abundantly above all we can think, dream or ask, that He will?  So earthbound we have become that we do not want to dream. 

If you want to see the Kingdom you have to become like a little child.  We are born again of the Spirit...we are His children.  Not from below, but from above.  I want to see His Kingdom...not just in me, but all around me.  

We are about to go into the New Year and I sense that we may need to become increasingly like children and seek to hide in the cleft of the Rock.  To receive not only rest from this world but His perspective of things.  Come away My Beloved, is not only to get away from that which is vile and evil, but to come away, escape the harsh reality of this world once and in a while and become like a child and breath.  Just breath and be still.  

May we come as a child and rest in the cleft of the Rock and play in the river of His love.


Please Read:

O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.




No comments:

Post a Comment