Tuesday, December 6, 2022

FACING YOUR GOLIATH


FACING YOUR GOLIATH - AUDIO 




I have noticed via private messages and posts that there are many who are experiencing spiritual attacks right now. There are three reasons for spiritual attacks that I feel impressed upon my heart to share.

1.    The first one I would like to mention is that the enemy at times wants to stop the assignments given to us. 

He wants to frustrate the purposes of God.  Even in the writing of this post, he tried his best to frustrate the writing.  And even though he can frustrate our assignments, he cannot stop them. 

2.      The second one is that of legal right.

PROVERBS 26: 2
As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.

In other words, the bird, representing the curse, cannot find a resting place unless there is a cause. Birds in the word of God is also synonymous to demons.  You will remember that Yeshua gave the parable of the sower, speaking of the fowls of the air that steels the seed sown.  This cause speaks of a reason. There must be a reason for it or in our terms an "open door" in the spirit for the enemy to come and lie, steal and kill. Open doors can be generational or through our own deliberate disobedience. This, in the spirit realm is considered legal ground for the enemy.

3.      The third reason for spiritual attacks is, just like in the case of Job, He allows the attacks by design.

ROMANS 8:28

And we know that ALL THINGS work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Before you become a child of God, these attacks are meant to lure you away from Him and to bring you into bondage. However, when you are a child of God, these attacks are meant to draw you to Him and to sanctify you. Therefore, your disposition with regard to attacks from the enemy has to change when you become a child of God. You then are no longer a victim as before, but with each attack you understand and acknowledge that your Father allowed it. Unless you have opened a door through disobedience of course. However, being His child, He even uses your disobedience and the consequences to bring you closer to Him and also to reveal your heart to you. Therefore, though painful, always a win/win situation.

Many years ago someone told me that whenever you want a situation to change, no matter what it is, start with yourself.  I took this to heart and this has been a faithful way that Father has shown me the value of taking my eyes off my “problem” and onto Him.  Many believers when being attacked are prone to become more aware of their enemy in battle than their God.  Suddenly all kinds of prayers are taken out of the woodworks and a call for warfare is sounded.  Meanwhile, back at the ranch, His focus is your heart.  How big would David’s God have been if all he could see was Goliath?  Some of us are facing massive issues or longstanding issues that towers over us as Goliaths.  But all our Goliaths are to stand in the light of who He is.  Sometimes our Goliath is a person.  It could be our spouse, our children and extended family or friends.  We see what they do and how the enemy uses them to attack us.  Our first reaction is, “The enemy is attacking us!” How we react to our Goliaths in the heat of the battle, is the real issue.  This is why He tells us to guard our heart with all diligence, because out of it flows the issues of life.  Our heart is the wellspring of our life and so whatever flows out of us, is the issue He wants to bring before us. 

I told Father the other day that it seems the longer I serve Him the greater the battles. Standing before my own Goliath, I told Him I would like to have a word for this season I am in. I need an anchor. I told Him that I want something specific that will resonate in my spirit as not something in general. That morning in prayer I was reminded of a scripture that perfectly holds hands to what is being said here.

2 KINGS 6

 

8Then the king of Syria warred against Israel, and took counsel with his servants, saying, In such and such a place shall be my camp.

14Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.

15And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! How shall we do?

16And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

17And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

It is all a matter of perspective.  The 10 spies saw themselves as grasshoppers in the sight of the giants in Canaan, but Joshua and Caleb were of a different spirit.  Instead of seeing what the enemy could do, they saw what their God can do.  When I spoke to Father about this scripture regarding seeing the heavenly hosts shown to Elisha’s servant, I told Father that I would rather be living by faith than see all the heavenly hosts.  Elisha did not need to see it to believe it, but his servant did.  The veil over his eyes had to be lifted.  How many of us are still veiled in unbelief when we are facing our giants?  I would rather be Elisha who do not need to see and still believe, that his servant who had to see in order to believe.

This particular scripture is indeed significant to me.  About 3 years ago, my personal intercessor saw a vision of me walking out of my house, looking at the surrounding mountains.  Suddenly the heaven opened up and I could see chariots and angels.  She said it seemed the most natural thing for me to be able to see in the spirit.  The Lord reminded me of this vision and I could only say, “Yes Lord, but give me the faith first before the seeing.”  It is by faith we please Him.  It is easier to believe when we see, but much more difficult when He does not seem to answer or the one thing after the other goes wrong. 

 

A while back I had a dream.  I dreamed that I was walking down a corridor of a very shabby looking apartment building.  I could hear people arguing, glass breaking, the TV’s on and just poverty where I looked.  I could see into one living room.  There on the floor, sitting in the dust, was a little blond haired girl with her dirty white dress.  Towering over her was whom I can only think as her father dressed in a white vest, hairy big chest and build.  He was sporting a stubble beard, beer belly and bald head.  A very scary looking man.  The next moment he picked her up and walked out of the room towards staircase going down.  Just before the stairs he put her down and she followed him as he led the way into another room.  The moment he entered, she quickly closed the door behind him and locked the door.  Immediately she spun around and ran back to her home.  At this point I noticed her teddy bear under her arm.  When I woke up the Spirit said the following to me, “Even a young child can bind a strongman.”  The teddy bear speaks of the Holy Spirit who is our Comforter.  We give teddy bears to little children in order to comfort them.

Father later confirmed this to me in a very special way.  I have an aunt, who has now passed away, who used to be a missionary for many years.  He has used her significantly to confirm many things to me.  This photo above is my aunt.  My mother showed me this photo a week or so after the dream.  

What He wants from us is childlike trust when we face our Goliaths.  Yes, we are to be bold and courageous, but this boldness and courage comes not because we muster up the will, but out of a deep seated dependence upon Him in everything.  We are to look to Him with the eyes of a young child.  All our Goliaths stand in the light of who He is.  His promise to us is that no weapon formed against us will prosper.  Not one.  Every single one He will use for our good and He will fight for us.  We just need to come to Him and know that if He allowed it, He must have a great purpose with it.  Nobody can snatch us out of the Father's hands.  Therefore, everything that happens to us, we can know that he holds our hand and will gently guide us by His Spirit.  He will not leave us comfortless.  Children trust in simplicity.  They simply think, "My Dad can handle this."  They do not need to see to believe.  This is why the Kingdom of God belongs to children.  Do we think this way or are we more aware of our enemy?  We are not to be ignorant of the enemy's wiles, but our focus must be Him in all things. 

Let us rest in His all suffiency in all things.

EPHESIANS 3

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

13 Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

Scripture reference:

Hebrews 12

TIME TO FACE THE GIANTS (received August 2021)

My child, it has been through many seasons I have prepared you, sanctifying and setting you apart for such a time as this.

Do you recognize your season?  For everything there is a season and a time.  Do you know your season?  Have I prepared and sanctified you only to put you aside?   Am I not raising My warriors for such a time as this?  Is this not the Joshua generation?  The generation that have been prophesied about?  Where do you stand?  Are you standing on the Rock?  Are you established on the Rock?

If so, then stand.  Having done all, stand!

For as the enemy and his hosts are rising, having been prepared, so My mighty warriors too will rise up in the strength of their God.  Do you recognize your season?  Every single one of you I have prepared to equip you for this season as the Captain of the Hosts.  But having the mind of a child is one thing and true.  And having the mind of a warrior another.  In which season are you in?

Do you recognize your own personal giants that I have allowed in order to train you?  Have you placed your feet upon his neck in the spirit?  Or are you hiding as David did in the cave?  Are you hiding as Elijah did?  For even the cave has its lessons, but one does not stay in the cave.  One does not stay in the desert.

Cross over.  This is a transition time for My Bride to take her rightful place in Me.  Who are your giants?  Are you facing them or tiptoeing around them?  Are you in hiding or progressively taking the ground that I have given you?  It’s time to cross over.  Not in pride, but in humility and holiness.

For My glory shall shine on Priest and Warrior alike.  My glory will be your rearguard and will go before you.  Do not fear.  I am with you. 

Therefore, have the mind of Christ, the Captain of the Hosts.  Follow Him into the battle.  Cry out to Him in a time of need for He is mighty to save.  Learn of Him continually for it is He who has already overcome as you now need to do.  Recognize the season and see your giants and pursue your enemy.

Those who have sought My face and have overcome in the wilderness will see their enemy flee in seven ways.  Watch therefore, follow Me and take up your sword.

It's time to face your giants. 



3 comments:

  1. More too think about, ponder and Praise God for ~ Excellent…thank you⭐️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes 🥰 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

    ReplyDelete