Friday, May 7, 2021

PEARLS OF GREAT PRICE

 

Matthew 13: 45 - 46

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

As an avid reader through the years, I have often come across some very precious pearls of wisdom.  Short quotes that made me read them again, knowing the significance to be profound.  These pearls of wisdom also came in poems or songs, or even just one single statement that stopped me in my tracks and I knew I had to write it down.  I will even write some of my own pearls Father has given me through the years.  What better way to honor the authors of these quotes than to share it far and wide.  May you place these polished pearls of great price between your own pearls of wisdom you have received through the years and find yourself all the more richer in wisdom and understanding.

I will add these pearls as time goes by, so please do not forget to come and see if there are some new ones you can add to your own list.

Pearls of Great Price

Among the gifts of the Spirit scarcely is one of greater practical usefulness than the gift of discernment. 

This gift should be highly valued and frankly sought as being almost indispensible in these critical times. This gift will enable us to distinguish the chaff from the wheat and to divide the manifestations if the flesh from the operations of the Spirit. 
- A. W. Tozer



3 comments: