Tuesday, April 20, 2021

IN HIS PRESENCE

IN HIS PRESENCE - AUDIO

 


I have decided to do an impromptu recording.  I was just sitting here in the presence of the Lord, the presence of the Lord so thick over me.  Not just filling the room, but filling me.  I was worshipping Him and had the desire to worship Him with everything that is in me and sensed that I was worshipping Him with every fibre of my being and every breath, all that I am, in His presence.  At a certain time when you worship the Lord you come to a place where you come to absolute stillness and well, I guess you become still and know that He is God.  As I was sitting, closing my eyes, experiencing His fullness, I saw in my mind's eye, His hand reaching out to me, seeing the hole in His hand.  And I knew that He wanted me to come with Him.  

The next moment I saw myself looking at Him as He was standing before the ark. Now I know He is the ark of the covenant.  But I saw Him standing before the ark.  I could not see the ark in detail.  I just knew that it was the ark and the next moment, He was bowing, He jumped up and lifted up His arms, extending it wide and as He did, a rainbow burst forth and the next moment I saw Him, in the throne room.  I can only call it the throneroom because I knew that the throne was there, but I could not see the throne.  In this vision, I knew that the throne was there.  And I looked at Him and He was dancing before the Father.  Dancing and twirling before Father.  It is as if He invited me in to one of the glimpses of how He is before Father as the Son of David.  Because immediately, David came to my mind of how he danced before the Lord.   He is the Son of David, dancing.  The way He danced is just in such complete...giving over.  

I thought then to read where David danced before the Lord.  It is very special.  

2 Samuel 6: 12 - 13

12 And it was told king David, saying, The Lord hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.

13 And it was so, that when they that bare the ark of the Lord had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings.

The number six indicative to the number of man and the seventh one, he brings the sacrifice, meaning God's rest.

14 And David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the Lord with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.

16 And as the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord; and she despised him in her heart.

I felt like that I was looking through a window like Michal, but I did not despise Him in my heart.  I looked at Him and I was just amazed by His reckless abandonment and joy.  The first thought that came to my heart was...In the presence of the Lord, there is fullness of joy!  

17 And they brought in the ark of the Lord, and set it in his place, in the midst of the tabernacle that David had pitched for it: and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the Lord.

18 And as soon as David had made an end of offering burnt offerings and peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the Lord of hosts.

19 And he dealt among all the people, even among the whole multitude of Israel, as well to the women as men, to every one a cake of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine. So all the people departed every one to his house.

20 Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!

21 And David said unto Michal, It was before the Lord, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord, over Israel: therefore will I play before the Lord.

22 And I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.

23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

It goes further on, if you have listened to the previous devotion about the Lord building a house, David wanted to build the Lord a house for the ark of the covenant, and a house for the Lord as well.  And the Lord started speaking to Nathan the prophet about the ark, saying that He never spoke to anybody in the house of Israel that He wanted a house to be built.  It was never His intention that a physical temple should be built, but that we are the temple, the house of God where the ark, the fullness of His presence is to abide.  In the next chapter David is so overwhelmed that the Lord will raise up his seed, which is Solomon, that would build the temple. I spoke about this in the devotional.  And David's response to the Lord in verse 18 is...

2 Samuel 7: 18

1Then went king David in, and sat before the Lord, and he said, Who am I, O Lord God? and what is my house, (and we can say, "what is my house, what is this body Lord, this temple?) that thou hast brought me hitherto?

19 And this was yet a small thing in thy sight, O Lord God; but thou hast spoken also of thy servant's house for a great while to come. And is this the manner of man, O Lord God?

20 And what can David say more unto thee? for thou, Lord God, knowest thy servant.

21 For thy word's sake, and according to thine own heart, hast thou done all these great things, to make thy servant know them.

22 Wherefore thou art great, O Lord God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

23 And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself...

He goes on to magnify the Lord.  In verse 28 He says...

28 And now, O Lord God, thou art that God, and thy words be true, and thou hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:

29 Therefore now let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may continue for ever before thee: for thou, O Lord God, hast spoken it: and with thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.

Two things drawing my attention.  The fact that Michal, the daughter of Saul, was looking upon Him and she despised Him for the exhuberant way he abandoned himself to the Lord.  The Word says, blessed is he who is not offended in Me.  I can only say that when we are not offended with Him, He bless us with children.  The children come in many forms.  It talks about fruit of your womb, that which is birthed in Christ.  He blesses us when we are not offended in Him.  When we are not offended in how He deals with us, in how He builds this house and forms and molds us, so that the ark of His presence, the fullness of joy may be in us.  I was laughing in His presence.  His joy just filled me, it was His joy for the Father as He danced before the Father.  

This is my prayer for you today, David's prayer, apart from the fact that the word says that after that he defeated so many enemies, the enemies brought gifts unto him.  Proverbs says that when we fulfill His commandments and do His will, that even when we walk in peace with our enemies, our enemies bring us gifts.  I pray that God's enemies, which are often our enemies, will bring you gifts.  I also pray this last sentence over you in this day...

29 Therefore now let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may continue for ever before thee: (I pray the Lord's blessing upon you, upon your house, upon your household, but also on your tabernacle, your body where He resides.)  for thou, O Lord God, hast spoken it: and with thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.

May His presence reside with you, may His ark be in you and in your heart, and the fullness of God over your whole being.  May you experience the joy of the Lord that you too with reckless abandonment dance before the throne of God.  I know that that though He is doing it in the sight of His servants, His angels, they are are honoring Him.  They see the reckless abandonment of the Son of David, the Seed, dance before His Father.

I pray that this short post will absolutely bless you and that you may walk in the Presence of the Most High.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment